Recently I was surprised and excited to find that I had been nominated by Halfstitch for a Liebster Award. Check out her blog, if you love cross stitch I’m sure you will find it as inspiring as I do. Thank you very much, Michelle, it is such an honour to be nominated by one of my blogger peers and have my humble blog chosen as one of interest. Amazing.
I haven’t posted anything for a little while, as I really didn’t have anything interesting to write about – but now I do!!!
Rules for Receiving this Award
• Create a post to accept the award! Thank the person who nominated you and link back to his/her blog (it would help if you included a little information about it).
• Display the award on your blog. You can save the image and upload it to your blog post and/or add it as a widget on your blog.
• List 10 random facts about yourself.
• Nominate 5-10 blogs you admire that have less than 200 followers.
• Post your answers to the questions asked by the person who nominated you.
• List these rules in your post.
• Ask your nominees 10 questions after tagging them in the post.
10 Facts about Me
- I love crafts and have tried most of them in the past. Now I try to limit myself to cross stitching, sewing, quilting, scrap booking, card making and occasional knitting projects.
- I enjoy gardening but sometimes find it difficult in our hot Australian summers.
- I try to get to the gym regularly (2-3 times a week) and yoga weekly.
- I love my cats – and other people’s dogs.
- I am passionate about animal welfare.
- I always make lists and like that it makes me more productive.
- I once put on a job application form that my interests were riding my motorcycle and target pistol shooting and was told they were “unladylike”. (I didn’t get the job.)
- I am addicted to my ebook and currently have more than 100 titles unread.
- Favourite genres – biographies, horror and psychological thrillers.
- Try as I might, I can’t solve the Rubik’s Cube.
- Beyond the Boudoir
- I’m Feelin Crafty
- Crafty Rat
- Feather Stitching
- In the Good Old Days of Classic Hollywood
Halfstitch’s Q& A
- Do you prefer sweet or savoury foods? Sweet! Normally when I go to a restaurant, I check out the dessert menu first – and leave room accordingly, especially if creme brulee is on the menu!
- What can’t you leave your house without? Well, I could say lip balm, which would be true (and boring!). Also true and far more important – my credit card. I never carry much cash and twice I have filled up my car with fuel and then realized I had no money! On one occasion the attendant wouldn’t let me leave, and I was there for quite a while until I could contact my “other half”. I was too embarrassed to “ring a friend”!
- What did you enjoy most about today? I got up early (for once) and we got the lawns mowed, the edges trimmed and some gardening done, and it all looks so neat!
- Are you an early riser or a night owl? I used to be a night owl and an early riser but not now, as the cats love to come in (with a little bit of encouragement from me) to snuggle up in bed early in the morning. So now I get up late – I can’t disturb them, right?
- What’s your favourite hobby? Hmmm, difficult to choose just one …. probably sewing.
- What are the three foods you can’t do without? Krispy Kreme donuts, dark chocolate and (to be honest) KFC’s Zinger Burger. (No one said “healthy” foods, did they?)
- What are you looking forward to? Our train trip next week on the “Ghan” which goes from Darwin in the Northern Territory to Adelaide in South Australia.
- What websites do you frequent? Pinterest, Craftsy and EBay.
- Name one of your Goals. Plan a vacation to the USA, to spend some more time in New York and LA (and wherever else we can fit in).
- What’s your favourite type of cruisine? Too difficult to narrow down to one – I’ll have to say Mexican and Thai.
10 Questions for My Nominees
- Describe yourself in three words.
- What is your favourite hobby?
- What is your best tip for other bloggers or new starters?
- Do you blog regularly and what do you do if you can’t think up a new post?
- Did you make New Year’s Resolution? If so, how is that going? If not, why?
- What is the most exciting thing you have done this year?
- What is your favourite food?
- Which book are you currently reading?
- Do you have a pet?
- Where in the world would you most like to visit, and why?
7 thoughts on “Liebster Award”
Aw, I’m glad to read your responses! I love desserts too and I feel like I plan how I eat among sweets, lol. Im amused that you try to limit how many crafts that you do. Have you found that there’s such thing as too many crafts? 😀
LikeLiked by 1 person
No, there’s no such thing as too many crafts ….. just too little time!!!!
Thanks Samantha. It was a bit of work to put it all together, but I think the award is a great idea. Being nominated by a peer is always very meaningful but you also end up sharing another side of yourself which I think is a good thing.
LikeLiked by 1 person
It’s nice as well, because it adds a more human element to someone whose blog you read – lovely post! 🙂 x
Thank you so much for your nice comment. 🐱
LikeLiked by 1 person